Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Home comforts



I haven't shown too much craft on my blog yet, it's been mostly design work. So here's something I made the other day. I've been looking for cute pillows to use with our outdoor furniture during these precious few months of Seattle summer but hadn't found any. So I decided to overcome my fear of sewing in zippers and make my own. Zippers are actually a lot easier than I thought and thanks to this handy YouTube video, I whipped up four new pillows last week. The patterned fabric is 'Midwest Modern Moss Martini' by Amy Butler which was inspired by 'beautiful summer days in Amy's Ohio garden'. Being a buckeye myself, maybe that's why I was drawn to it! Once I put the pillows out in their garden environment, I discovered how similar the combination of the two fabrics is to one of my favorite plants, the euphorbia. I could have a whole garden of euphorbia and be happy.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin