Friday, April 10, 2009

Snail snack


I've often heard the old adage 'write what you know'. Sometimes when I'm stumped on what to draw I remind myself the same thing applies—'draw what you know'! So here's what's going on in my little corner of the world: starting seedlings for the garden and keeping an eye on two pet snails. I curse the snails and slugs when they're chewing holes in my hostas and ligularia in the garden, but I can't bring myself to kill them. Most often they spend their retirement in the yard waste bin.

So here's a new illustration for you. This time I incorporated painted textures, paper and a scan of a rusty background. Hope you like it.

1 comment:

SarahBeeCreations said...

This reminds me of when I lived in California. I always had snail eating things in my garden, but could never bring myself to crush them. They were usually relocated to the front yard where I figured it would take them a few days to get back to their old haunts.
Thank you, Anne.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin